Dear Students/Families of Centennial
You are probably already aware of the announcement today from the Ministry of Education about the return to in-person learning. We are pleased to welcome students back to in-person learning at Centennial on Monday, February 8.
Thursday, Feb. 4 and Friday, Feb. 5 will be online learning for all students.
Health and Safety Measures
We continue to follow all safety protocols under the direction of the Ministry of Education and Niagara Region Public Health for in-person learning for staff and students.
- Enhanced COVID-19 Daily Self-Assessment for Students
- Daily self screening is essential
- We will be issuing a new self-assessment link for students to complete daily before they arrive at school
- Teachers will be validating completion at the start of class
- Students must complete the daily COVID-19 self assessment and must stay home if they have any symptoms
- We will share the specific link and instructions later this week
- Some reminders for students:
- Make sure you have your mask on before entering the school
- Use hand sanitizer on entering the school and classrooms
- Maintain 2 metre physical distancing where possible
- Follow school signage and follow staff directions
- A reminder, to not congregate with other students, before and after school and on breaks
School Day and Calendars
- Our school day remains the same as in semester 1 starting at 9:55 and ending at 2:05
- We will be continuing with alternating weeks (period 1 and 2 or 3 and 4)
- I will be sharing our school’s calendars tomorrow
- Some of our classes with small class sizes, will be running as one cohort, meaning that students attend school every day that class occurs
- I will notify students and families of classes that will be running non-cohorted later this week
- In-person – Students must be in class at 9:55 to be marked present. Any student who arrives after this time will be marked late.
- Online students – Students must log in to D2L or Google Classroom for that day’s class before 10:30 or will be marked absent.
Return of Semester 1 School Materials
- If you are attending school in-person, please return any school items (text books, library books, instruments, etc) that you have to the bins that will be at our entrances on your first day back at school
- If you are an online learner please contact the school to make arrangements to drop off items.
If you have questions, please contact me at email@example.com.
Thank you for your flexibility as we navigate these ongoing changes. Your support is greatly appreciated.