Hello Centennial Families,
I have a few updates and reminders to share.
- With the Provincial change to March Break the class schedule has been updated. The links to the calendars are below:
Feb-May 2021 Cohorted Calendar
Feb-May 2021 Online and Non Cohorted Calendar
- Students in Cohort A and B and those in non-cohorted classes are required to be in attendance at school when the class is offered or will be marked absent.
- If a student is unable to attend in person but is working online at home then they must be reported as “Excused – Working Online” through the Safe Arrival App or attendance secretary or they will be marked absent.
- Students in Cohort O or those in Cohort A/B on an at home day are required to log in to the course by 10:00 and participate in any live sessions with the teacher or will be marked absent. If students log in to the course after the live sessions are completed but before 2:00 pm, they will be marked late.
DSBN Equity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism Community Advisory Committee
- To support the DSBN’s commitment to creating an inclusive environment in our schools, the DSBN has established the Equity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism Community Advisory Committee (EIARCAC) to draw in the participation of families and our communities.
- If you would like further information about becoming involved with the Advisory Committee please use the link:
Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (Grade 10s and 11s)
- Successful completion of the OSSLT is a graduation requirement for students
- This year, students in Grade 10 and 11 will complete the OSSLT on a scheduled date between March 29 – April 9 (Grade 10’s) and April 19 – April 30 (Grade 11’s)
- More detailed information will be shared with parents about the schedule and opportunities to prepare for the OSSLT
Please continue to have students complete the COVID Self-Assessment on a daily basis.
Feel free to reach out to me if I can be of assistance in any way.